Monday 16 April 2018

Salute, 2018

Salute 2018 came and went. In all a very enjoyable show, if only a little exhausting. It's quite a different experience when running a game or stall and I'll be looking forward to being an average punter at Hammerhead and Partizan.

The "Druid" participation game we put on for Wargames Illustrated was enjoyed by both young and old. The table (by Dave Marshall) attracted a lot of attention in itself. As mate Chris mentioned, it was probably the busiest of all the games. At one point the prospective players were about three deep on all sides.

I won't publish too many photos, as I'm sure others will be putting up many of the same. Instead I'll just post a few eyecatchers. The amazing warlord aircraft carrier for instance, and the Bolt Action game next to us complete with Stuka's and an amphibious landing. Amazing stuff. Oh yes, and the WW1 replica tank!!







3 comments:

  1. I liked your Druid board! Looked excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's what we've come to expect from Dave Marshall, but your terrain was superb - as was his one for the 40mm ACW game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll pass on your appreciation :)

      Delete